Online – May 27th, 2022 / 10.00-11.00 CEST
About the Webinar:
This webinar provides a hands-on tutorial that showcases how IoT services can take advantage of in-place data management and distributed data processing offered by RAINBOW to derive analytic insights that can be used to enhance QoS and optimize resource management. To enhance this experience a realistic use-case of a smart transportation service will be used and our presenters will show how -within minutes- one can setup the RAINBOW services, configure monitoring and storage, and then explore smart data placement, resource- and energy-aware scheduling and finally quickly submit ad-hoc queries packaged as streaming analytic jobs.
After the webinar all the coded services, config files and testing scenarios will be openly available through the RAINBOW website. Moreover, users do not need fog and edge devices to try out the RAINBOW services. The entire RAINBOW Analytics Stack can be run through the Fogify Emulator that takes IoT containerized services and creates an emulated fog environment on either a laptop or a computing cluster to see how services run and how their behaviour is affected by faults, uncertainties and load variations.
- The RAINBOW Data Management and Analytics Stack: a brief overview (15 min)
- Hands-on live tutorial (35 min)
- Q/A Session (10 min)
- Moysis Symeonides (PhD Candidate, University of Cyprus)
- Thodoris Toliopoulos (PhD Candidate, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
In advance registration is required at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email* containing information about joining the webinar.
* The confirmation email will state 9:30 am CEST as the starting time but this just includes technical preparations. Thus, registered users are kindly requested to join at 10am CEST sharp.